The skyhold generates once per world in the Overworld. It is 40-70 blocks above the ground.
The skyhold is made up of different rooms. These include:
- Rooms with pools of liquid (Water, Acid, or Lava)
- Monster spawner rooms
- Chest altar rooms
- Ender portal room (one per skyhold)
Loot chests can be found in "altar" structures in the skyhold. These are the items that can be found:
|Item||Stack size||Damage to Durability|
|1.23||Oct 31, 2012||
|1.24||Dec 22, 2012||
- The library in the skyhold is a good source of bookshelves for unlocking the highest enchantment level in an enchantment table.
- It is the only place where cobwebs, stone bricks, bookshelves, portal frames, doors, iron doors, pressure plates and ladders spawn naturally
- The skyhold is similar to the stronghold in Minecraft, however it was placed in the sky because the structure could not elegantly fit underground.