Dispensers are blocks used to dispense liquids and items. They act the same way as they do in Minecraft. A dispenser requires a redstone signal for it to activate.
To craft you need redstone dust on the lower middle, a bow in the middle and the rest cobblestone.
When given a redstone signal a dispenser can:
- Drop items from its inventory.
- Shoot arrows, snowballs, spears, shurikens, eggs, and fire eggs like a trap.
- Spawn animals from spawn eggs.
- Spill a liquid from a bucket (water, lava, acid).
- Fill a bucket with a liquid (the dispenser must be facing the liquid).
- Planting crops on farmland
- Using bonemeal on farmland
And many more uses!
- 1.28: Dispenser cannot drop the hoe, although it does not turn dirt into farmland.
- When destroying a Dispenser the items in the Dispenser disappear forever.
They are similar to droppers. Droppers and dispensers were made in 1.25