If you find a typo, inconsistency, or error, please sign up and help out the wiki! We can't do it without your help! :D Thank you!
Minecarts are transportation placed on rails that can be used to carry the player.
When broken by the player, the minecart will drop itself.
The minecart is crafted out of five iron ingots. This makes it renewable, because iron ingots are dropped by the zombie.
The minecart can be placed by right-clicking, however it can only be placed on rails.
They are used as a form of transportation to cover long distances since they are much faster than walking. They are faster though, on a powered rail. They can send the player a long way and its very useful for roller coaster and train maps.
When the minecart is combined with TNT, it crafts a TNT minecart.
When the minecart is combined with a furnace, it will craft a furnace minecart.
When the minecart is combined with a chest, it crafts a chest minecart.
||May 31, 2014
||Nov 13, 2015
- Fixed minecart collision bugs
||Oct 08, 2016
- Fixed minecarts being stuck tilted when falling off a slope
||Sep 27, 2019
- Sneaking past minecarts will no longer push them
- The minecart is used to craft the furnace minecart and the chest minecart
- Exiting a minecart on a slope properly resets the player's rotation
- Minecarts, rafts, experience orbs, and liquids now pause with the game