Shovels are tools used for excavation faster that with bare hands or other tools. They exist in five tiers: wood, stone, iron, gold and diamond. They are important to excavate gravel in caves to prevent suffocation. You can dig dirt, gravel, and sand with a shovel.
1 x head material across the top row, and 2 sticks/bamboo vertically below the centre.
Head materials below.
- Wooden shovel - Most basic type. It mines 60 blocks.
- Stone shovel - It mines 132 blocks. (much better, fast replenishable, average speed)
- Iron shovel - It mines 251 blocks. (Last worth shovel possible)
- Gold shovel - It mines 33 blocks. (Mines at fastest possible speed but has 30 uses though and is not worth of spend 1 gold. Use them to Golden Apple instead).
- Diamond shovel - It mines 1562 blocks. (You can make diamond sword instead of this shovel, because you will spend on swords, pickaxes, armor etc.)