Mobs can be fought and killed. To attack a mob, click it while while wielding a melee weapon, or shift-click it if you are using a ranged weapon. Different weapons in Mine Blocks include swords and axes (melee) and bows, spears, bone shurikens, and snow balls (ranged). When using a ranged weapon, don't forget to make sure you have enough ammunition!
Any source of damage that is not a weapon will deal 1 damage to mobs. Critical hits without a proper weapon will instead deal 2 damage. Damage from swords and other tools will change on the release of 1.29
A critical hit is scored when the player attacks while falling, which usually grants a small damage increase. Red star-like particles will appear near the mob when a critical hit happens. The damage increase ranges from an additional 30%-50% attack bonus, including any extra enchantments, being rounded down before being added to the base damage.
|Spear||5||Sometimes goes through mobs, being able to be picked up and used again|
|Bow & Arrow||3||Can be enchanted to make more powerful|
|Snowball||0-1 (33% Chance)||Does 1 damage against Blazes and Endermen|
Enchantments can be put on certain weapons to increase the damage of them:
- Sharpness adds approximately 1-2 damage per level.
- Smite adds approximately 1-3 damage to Undead mobs per level.
- Bane Of Arthropods adds 3 damage to Spiders at level 1, then adds approximately 1-2 damage per level.
- Power does not add anything to the damage of an arrow, presumably a bug.
- Punch is used instead of power, which is supposed add 3 damage per arrow.
- Enchantments can be stacked on one another, dealing more damage than usual.
- Punch is used for both power and punch, therefore, the power enchantment does nothing.
- Wooden pickaxes and iron shovels gain no benefit from critical hits.
- Getting hit by a flaming arrow does not burn the player