1.22 and 1.22.4
- That sounds reasonable! Can you keep the note about 1.22.1 through 1.22.6 (placed in the merged 1.22 section)? I have a feeling there are other fixes in those versions, but I suppose we don't know them. I should download the Twitter archive and figure out more information about the old updates at some point haha - Zanzlanz (talk) 22:18, 25 February 2018 (CST)
- Woah, I hadn't thought of twitter. That could be very useful. Let's just hope you were extremely specific when you said things, as if you were going to look back in three years! xD. (Perhaps if we do find out that there were really big changes in 1.22.4, then we should separate them again) TheTopazRobot (talk) 12:09, 26 February 2018 (CST)
- Haha oh yeah searching through didn't help much. At the time I had 10 followers on Zanzlanz (I didn't care about tweeting anything interesting, apparently xD), and I hadn't made the @Mine_Blocks account yet at the time. Despite that, I have some better news! I found some new info on Facebook! :D
- That should help a little bit :) - Zanzlanz (talk) 00:09, 27 February 2018 (CST)
- So I found a video of 1.20 with lapis in them here :). I know you don't remember much about earlier versions Zanzlanz, but would you happen to know whether lapis blocks came in the same update as lapis lazuli and the ore? I only asking coz I realized that the item and ore are identified as "lapis" and "lapis_ore" while the block is called "lapis_lazuli_block", so I thought they may have come from different updates. TheTopazRobot (talk) 13:51, 8 July 2018 (CDT)
- Looks like the item, ore, and block were all added in 1.19.5 at the same time. They weren't in version 1.19.4_2, and they are all in 1.19.5, so unless there's evidence of an update between those versions, I think it's confirmed!
- Good find with the video btw! I don't have the files for 1.20 specifically, so that's a convenient reference point. - Zanzlanz (talk) 17:30, 8 July 2018 (CDT)
- Wait I'm confused where did 1.19.5 come from? XD Wasn't it 1.20, or am I missing something? TheTopazRobot (talk) 11:55, 9 July 2018 (CDT)
- Not entirely sure how that all went! I can imagine something like this though: maybe I had to release an unfinished update in a panic because my website was down, so those features got released unannounced? - Zanzlanz (talk) 21:40, 9 July 2018 (CDT)
- Another block we seem to have no records of... XD I was thinking it could have come out with the nether update, however in the 1.11 video we don't see enough of the Nether for it to be confirmed. Would you happen to remember Zanzlanz :)? And I think we can assume that glowstone dust was added together with it. TheTopazRobot (talk) 05:05, 21 July 2018 (CDT)
- I don't have versions between 1.4.34 and 1.17 to check. I'm pretty sure it was added at the same time, but you're right, there's no evidence of that unless you can find YouTube videos by other people from those updates. - Zanzlanz (talk) 09:41, 21 July 2018 (CDT)
- I'm surprised that wasn't already added to the history haha Here's the text content for you though - Zanzlanz (talk) 14:36, 26 July 2018 (CDT)
1.8.8 vs 1.8
Was it specifically 1.8.8 that all that stuff was added? Because the video just says 1.8. Should we add a 1.8.8 section to 1.8 or should we just call it 1.8? TheTopazRobot (talk) 06:10, 31 July 2018 (CDT)
- Haha sorry I have no idea; the first year of development is so vague. Where is "1.8.8" referenced? I feel like we need to start keeping track of these changelog/announcement/post sources on version history. - Zanzlanz (talk) 20:18, 31 July 2018 (CDT)
- Ooooh! This should answer both of your questions above: 1.8.8 screenshot :D
- Here's the log: log on pastebin. Please forgive the grammar in it, hahah!
- What should we do about the page that explicitly says "first 3 weeks"? We could redirect to a more generic page title like "original devlog" / "original development log". Or "first month" to stick with the same format. - Zanzlanz (talk) 14:25, 1 January 2019 (CST)
- That's great :D! Thank you so much!
- Though, it seems like 1.8.8 is not the same as the version in the 1.8 video, which included buttons, pressure plates and light bulbs. I guess that explains the missing ".8" in the video.
- I guess we could have a page for the "First month", but it would be easier if the changes were also on this page, so we could also have them here without the specific days. That way it is easier to search for changes for specific items for creating history tables. TheTopazRobot (talk) 17:27, 1 January 2019 (CST)
Here's a thing I posted on March 29th, 2013: note on pastebin
No one had verified that they decoded it. To decode it, convert it from binary to hexadecimal. Then convert it to base 64. Then to unicode.
The decoded text reads:
Congratulations on decoding this! The next update in Mine Blocks will include leveling up and enchantments. Sound fun?
- I guess it could go on the enchanting history or trivia section XD TheTopazRobot (talk) 17:27, 1 January 2019 (CST)
A more detailed log
- I don't have a way to confirm that. xD
- On day 9 (June 21, 2011) of this more detailed log, it says "FIRST ONLINE TEST". It doesn't include a time, which is interesting. This could also mean I try it in a browser, but not by posting it on a public webpage (which would have been thealexandlexisshow.com/MineBlocks.html).
- But on day 14 (June 26, 2011) of the 30-day log, it says "OFFICIAL TESTING RELEASED". The next day (June 27, 2011 @12:55PM), I uploaded the 1.4.34 video to YouTube. (The video shows a working furnace, which means it was probably recorded after 7:17 PM on June 26, 2011). This matches up with the video description saying "14 days since I started making [Mine Blocks]."
- Not that any of that helps answer your question lol - Zanzlanz (talk) 18:52, 1 January 2019 (CST)
- Ok, that is useful information :)!
- One other thing. The 1.6.25 video was released July 20th 2011, but it that version should have existed up to the 10th or 11th of July (the 29th day of dev is split into two parts and the first part has no major features so we can't really know for sure). 1.8.8 should have existed by the 12th of July, so can we assume that it was uploaded late? The 1.4.34 weather video also seems to have been uploaded late, July 13th. TheTopazRobot (talk) 08:01, 2 January 2019 (CST)
- Also in the 1.6.25 video the changelog at the start says 1.7. So I think this was in-development footage of 1.7, not 1.6.
- Here are the video render dates and titles:
- Original 1.4.34: June 27, 2011 @11:28AM (up to day 14) "Minecraft in Flash - Mine Blocks First Look" (no mention of 1.4.34 - maybe it's version 1.0!)
- Weather 1.4.34: July 13, 2011 @6:32PM (from day 18 - day 20?) "Mine Blocks Update 1.4.34 - Weather!" (1.4.34 in the actual title... so more likely is the actual version number)
- 1.6.25: July 20, 2011 @11:28AM (from day 24 - day 28?) "LOL a weird pig!" (This is probably 1.7 because the in-game changelog said so, and it was recorded during development)
- So 1.6 was released around day 24, and 1.5 was around day 21 for just the settings menu. Those are just educated guesses! - Zanzlanz (talk) 21:56, 2 January 2019 (CST)