If you find a typo, inconsistency, or error, please sign up and help out the wiki! We can't do it without your help! :D Thank you!
|Mine with:||Not mineable|
Bedrock is an indestructible block that forms the edges of the Overworld and the Nether.
It can be placed and removed in creative mode, but it can't be removed by mining in Survival mode (but the obsidian pickaxe, that is only in the game code, would allow players to do it).
Bedrock forms the boundaries in the Overworld, bottom (x=0 to x=1000), and sides of the map (y=0 to y=300). This material is "protection" to prevent the player from falling into the void. Note that if you fall through it you will die, even in creative mode. It also forms the boundaries of the Nether, however in the Nether there is also a top layer.
Bedrock generates at the top of the obsidian towers in the End, with healing crystals on it.
Bedrock has a 1 in 30 chance to be dropped by a Nethereye. The chance increases if it is killed with a sword enchanted with looting.
Bedrock cannot be destroyed by mining in survival, or by explosions, so it works like a visible barrier. It also cannot be moved using pistons.
This means that even if bedrock is placed by the player it cannot be removed.
|Prior to 1.4.34
|Prior to 1.4.34
- Bedrock can no longer be mined
||Aug 05, 2011
- Bedrock naturally generates in the Nether
- Bedrock is dropped by nethereyes.
||Dec 11, 2011
- Bedrock can no longer be moved by pistons
- Bedrock can no longer be obtained by crafting light bulbs
||Oct 31, 2012
||May 11, 2013
- Bedrock can be crafted into slabs and stairs
- Bedrock naturally generates in the end.
||Nov 13, 2015
- Blazes no longer drop Bedrock.
- Outside the bottom bedrock is a thin layer of stone, liquids and ore. And structures can rarely be found.
- On the sides of the map, sometimes when you close and reopen the game, the bedrock will go from 2 to 1 block thick.