188.8.131.52 - Jan. 29, 2021
184.108.40.206 - Jan. 22, 2021
- Creative inventory
- Crash caused by opening generated chest fixed
- Added temporary button for switching gamemodes
- Furnace now drops contained items when broken
- Item rendering for carpet has proper size
- Item rendering fixed for fire egg, candy apple, poisonous potato, baked potato, golden carrot, cooked bacon, cooked mutton, and snow ball
- Rainbow carpet and wool no longer flicker when first opening a container
- Detector and activator rail item graphics swapped
- Cauldron is no longer invisible when dragging in inventory
220.127.116.11 - Jan. 15, 2021
- Enabled loading of survival worlds
- Furnace functionality
- Chest interface
- Ender chest interface
- Crafting recipes that keep item state no longer crash the game
- Position of combinatory crafting recipes no longer matters
- Jump height increased slightly
- Item graphics corrected for lapis, raw porkchop, blaze powder, slimeball, enchanted book, furnace minecart, dispenser, and dropper
- Item drops are no longer offset when closing crafting table
- Sun and moon glow are no longer dark
- Crash caused by balloon popping is now fixed
- Crash caused by tilling past the reach distance is now fixed
See more version history
18.104.22.168 - Jan. 8, 2021
- Crafting table behavior
- Mining, eating, slime block, and portal particles
- Mouse hides while dragging items
- Items no longer vanish when combining large stacks
- HUD elements now display for adventure game mode
- Block mining animation no longer lingers an extra frame
- Armor slots now longer show invalid items upon death
- Newly created worlds now start in survival (with cheats, technically)
22.214.171.124 - Jan. 1, 2020
- Happy New Year!
- Inventory screen
- Very basic inventory item manipulation
- Hotbar inventory button opens the inventory
- Rain and snow can occur
- Rain sound effect
- Carpet and slabs no longer fly off of the hotbar
- Bone shurikens and shears now display properly
- Improved platform (stick) behavior
- Anvil damage state behavior is now retained
- Crash caused by null drop item fixed
126.96.36.199 - Dec. 25, 2020
- Merry Christmas!
- Snowfall ❄
- Leaves, chests, and grass have a seasonal look
- XP, health, hunger, air, and armor bars
- Player can no longer breath in full blocks of flowing water
- Air timer speed corrected
- Items retain their data when picked up
- Crash caused by picking stained glass is now fixed
188.8.131.52 - Dec. 18, 2020
- Drop item key (Q)
- Removed zoom keys, at least for now
- Falling block entities
- Basic TNT behavior
- Updated blocks no longer re-render indefinitely
- Underwater depth is no longer incorrectly calculated
- Darkness calculation is no longer exaggerated in some situations
- Crash caused by eating oranges or cooked pork is now fixed
184.108.40.206 - Dec. 11, 2020
- A smaller update this week, sorry :)
- Bone block texture no longer appears as glowstone
- Glowstone emits a block light instead of a torch light
- Jack o'Lantern now emits light
- Added hotbar item name display
- Dying no longer causes softlock despite lack of animation or respawn screen
- Crash caused by generating dimension more than once is now fixed
- Crash caused by generating snow off-screen is now fixed
- Crash caused by mining blocks without mining data is now fixed
- Crash caused by generating certain skyhold configurations is now fixed
220.127.116.11 - Dec. 4, 2020
- Basic lighting
- Lighting-related block behaviors ported
- Remaining item graphics are implemented
- Hotbar items can now be selected by number keys
- Fire can now damage player
- Note block behavior ported
- Crash caused by clicking multiple inventory slots at once is now fixed
- Crash caused by generating skyhold is now fixed
- Crash caused by Adblock settings is now fixed
- Crash caused by entering nether is now fixed
- Crash caused by turning off redstone is now fixed
18.104.22.168 - Nov. 27, 2020
- Blue screen on world load fixed
- Hardware acceleration is no longer required to play
- Piston, rail, fence, and gate behaviors
- Basic hotbar functionality
- General item usage and interaction
- More preset items were added to inventory when creating world
- (Try middle-clicking to place different items!)
- Mining unused furnaces no longer crashes
- Returning from nether no longer respawns at bedrock
- Particles no longer appear above player
- Acid no longer has fire spread behavior
- Version number font size increased
- The same world can be loaded twice in a row
- Placeholder warning text is a more legible color
22.214.171.124 - Nov. 20, 2020
Blue screen on world load fixed
- Liquid and fire spread physics
- Redstone dust & torch, door, button, lever, and pressure plate behaviors
- Leaves, mycelium, frosted ice, saplings, and farmland behaviors
- Mining sound volume has proper panning
- Jump timer speed corrected
126.96.36.199 - Nov. 13, 2020
- Initial beta!
What is Mine Blocks Beta?
Mine Blocks Beta is a complete recreation of Mine Blocks 1 written in Haxe.
(Mine Blocks is a 2D fan-game of Minecraft.)
Why recreate Mine Blocks?
Mine Blocks was originally made with Flash in 2011. After this year, all Flash games will no longer work! This means Mine Blocks will be gone.
In order for Mine Blocks to continue to work in browsers, it needs to be converted to an HTML5 game. That's why Mine Blocks is being recreated in Haxe.
What is "Haxe"?
is a programming language
made by Nicolas Cannasse. Haxe was inspired by Flash, and it can make browser, desktop, and mobile games. So, it is the ideal replacement for Flash.
How complete is Mine Blocks Beta?
For the most part you can create & explore worlds, mine, build, use many items, and craft. There are still no mobs or (most) entities, and worlds do not persist or save yet.
That said, it's over half way ported
, according to the full list of tasks. Visit the homepage
to see an up-to-date progress bar.
The most important features are being prioritized
first, in favor of "getting the game playable" as soon as possible.
Will my old worlds work in Mine Blocks Beta? How?
First, you NEED to save your worlds to file from Mine Blocks Classic! There's a backup feature in 1.30 that makes it only one click to backup everything.
If you do not have backups, and cannot access Flash any more, please send me and email containing the "MineBlocksWorld.sol" and all files starting with "MCW" in the same folder.
But yes, you will be able to import any Mine Blocks World (.MBW) or Mine Blocks Worlds Backup (.MBWB) file into Mine Blocks Beta when it is complete.
How many people are working on this?
When will Mine Blocks Beta be released?
There is no release date, as it will be done as soon as possible.
May or June is a good goal to have everything finished - just in time for the 10 year anniversary!
How can I download Mine Blocks Beta?
For the time being, early access is only playable from this page.
Later, downloads will be available on the Mine Blocks 1 download page
How will I see progress or know when Mine Blocks Beta is done?
Whatever way works best for you! Here are some options:
What is Mine Blocks Classic?
Mine Blocks Classic is what we are calling the original Flash version of the game.
Will Mine Blocks Beta have all the features of Mine Blocks Classic?
Yes, this is the end goal, to fully recreate it as similar to the original as possible.
Will Mine Blocks Beta have any NEW features that Mine Blocks Classic didn't have?
Yes! This is something we'll find out together as it is developed.
Texture packs, for example, are finally going to be possible in Mine Blocks Beta!
How can I play Mine Blocks Classic now that Flash is gone?
Can I suggest additions and changes?
Feedback is always welcome! Obviously, unimplemented/unfinished features need not be reported, but bug reports and suggestions are a healthy part of a balanced diet and/or game development process.
Will Mine Blocks Beta support multiplayer?
No. Mine Blocks Beta will still have most of the same infrastructure flaws that Mine Blocks Classic has, because it is being ported as quickly as possible. So, making it support multiplayer would take far too long upfront.
In the long run, we'll have to see if things get better.
Will Mine Blocks Classic still be updated?
No, 1.30 is the last major version of Mine Blocks Classic.
It was released November 13, 2020.
What will be the version number of Mine Blocks Beta?
Mine Blocks Beta versions will always start with 1.2. The first version was 188.8.131.52, for example. The 1 refers to "Mine Blocks 1", and the 2 means the second edition of the game (beta).
If it helps you make sense of this, you can imagine all Mine Blocks Classic versions have a hidden 1 in front too; the last update could be thought as 1.1.30, instead of just 1.30.
This also helps it seem different than "Mine Blocks 2", which is a totally different game!
Will Mine Blocks Beta be free?
Of course! That's the point of it, right? :D
How will Mine Blocks Beta be funded?
I have a job, so I only make Mine Blocks in my free-time and weekends.
Other than that, the ads
on the page help pay to keep things running.
You can donate
if you like what I'm doing :)
Will there be social media specifically for Mine Blocks Beta?
Mine Blocks Beta is still considered Mine Blocks 1, and will continue to use the same social media accounts.
Any other questions?