Most wikis have singular article titles (for example, "Hoe" rather than "Hoes"). This can make navigating this site somewhat confusing. Do we want to change that or keep titles plural?
- Good call! I vote to have them singular. This also makes it easier for people to link to pages: "[[Pickaxe]] and [[Pickaxe]]s" for example. As long as there are redirects to from the plural to the singular pages, this would be perfect.
One other thing: There seems to be some sort of confusion with multiple articles being created for the same subject with different capitalization, and I'm not always sure which to mark for deletion. How do we capitalize in titles here? Do we prefer "Flint and Steel" or "Flint and steel"? Thanks much!
- Even though the Minecraft wiki would use "Flint and Steel", I think I'd rather go with Wikipedia's style of proper noun capitalization, where things will be lowercase like "Flint and steel", unless they are a proper noun, such as "Markus Persson", for example. I've seen a couple duplicate pages too - in those cases, I merge any relevant information into the most completed version of the page, and then set the improperly titled page to redirect to the correct one. I really appreciate your amazing help on the wiki! Zanzlanz (talk) 12:46, 14 April 2017 (EDT)
Can we nest categories? Some of them are subcategories of other categories.
- Yes, sounds great! And thanks so much for the amazing help you've been providing! Zanzlanz (talk) 20:39, 15 April 2017 (EDT)
I sometimes can't make needed edits because they trip the spam filter. Can I change the article so it doesn't somehow? I'm not posting links or anything. Thanks!
- Oh hey! Sorry about the spam filter! Without it, the wiki would be a huge mess. I removed a couple of the phrases that might cause those mistakes though, so give it another go if you'd like! Otherwise, definitely email me the message so I can investigate what might be causing problems.
- Additionally, you CAN create external links by starting them with
//:blahinstead of the typical
htttps://(with only two 'T's of course) - Zanzlanz (talk) 08:45, 13 August 2017 (CDT)
Hello Zanzlanz, I have some questions (a couple of suggestions) regarding consistency:
- Should sub titles in articles also follow the capitalisation rules of article titles? So, should we write "See Also" or "See also"?
- Should we make the article names of dimensions "The (Dimension)" or just "(Dimension)"? It might be easier to link to pages if there is no article ("[[overworld]] mobs", instead of "[[The Overworld|overworld]] mobs"), also you don't have to have the first letter of a link capitalised correctly, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.(We would probably also have to change "The player" in this case)
- In object templates, for the name of items/blocks, should we capitalise it like it is done ingame, or like the article page? And also how should it be done in crafting templates, for when you put your cursor above an item?
- In the object template, is there a specific set of "types" which something could be?
- Should we show crafting recipes for backdrops? It is hard to upload images for them, because they don't have their own image in the files (same with dyes, wool, and stained glass).