Slimes are an entity which you kill to get slimeballs. These creatures range in three different sizes: large, medium and small. They spawn in every mode BUT peaceful and damages the player at 1 heart per second. They rapidly attempt to bounce their way to the player. They spawn deep underground in caves and unlit mines.
- Regardless of difficulty EXCEPT Peaceful:
- Big: 1 Heart
- Small: 1 Heart
- Tiny: None
1.26: First appearance.
- A Small sized slime is actually more dangerous than a big slime. They deal the same damage, and the medium slimes get split from bigger slimes in groups of 2-4.
- Tiny slimes will always drop slimeballs in groups of 2-3.
- The easiest way to quickly defeat a big slime in 1.28 is to defeat it using a ranged weapon. If killed by one, it will just die and not split.
- Slimes can attack players in creative mode, but will not be able to hurt them on contact.