Difference between revisions of "Pickaxes"
m (→Diamond (gems))
|Line 73:||Line 73:|
:Rare, long lasting pickaxes. Collects
:Rare, long lasting pickaxes. Collects it breaks .
Revision as of 09:50, 15 September 2015
A pickaxe is required to obtain any stone, and must be of a suitable material for different minerals.
- Bedrock cannot be broken by any means in Survival mode.
3 x head material across the top row, and 2 sticks/bamboo vertically below the centre. Head materials below.
Successive types include the abilities of previous ones but faster.
Collects: glow stone, odd rock, bone.
Breaks: netherrack, sandstone, rock/cobble, coal, iron, lapis, redstone, obsidian, topaz, end stone, ender gem.
- You can punch your way out of a bad spawn, but you won't get anything useful from it.
Collects: rock/cobblestone (as cobblestone), coal, sandstone, coral, end stone.
Breaks: netherrack, iron, lapis, redstone, obsidian, topaz, ender gem.
- The only pick craftable without prior tools. Fine for rocks, but don't use on some ores or you'll lose them.
Collects: netherrack, iron, topaz.
Breaks: lapis lazuli, redstone, obsidian, ender gem.
- Decent, disposable general-purpose pick when you don't need better.
Collects: lapis lazuli, redstone, gold, diamond, ender gem.
- Collects almost everything it breaks.
- Same as Iron. Gold is very weak and better saved for items that need it than wasted on equipment.
- Rare, long lasting pickaxes. Collects all blocks it breaks including obsidian.