Difference between revisions of "Dog"
m (Removed parent category)
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
Revision as of 16:35, 14 December 2018
The dog is a tamed mob that will follow the player and can be sat down at will.
The dog drops nothing upon death, which makes killing it pointless.
Attacking Hostile Mobs
If the player attacks or hits a mob and the dog is not in the sitting position, the dog will attack the mob until it dies, or until its target changes in the middle of the fight. Shift-clicking on a dog will make it sit. In this sitting position, it cannot move or attack mobs, but it can still take damage from them.
Unlike the untamed wolf, the dog's health can be measured by the angle of its tail. If the tail is pointing downward, its health is low.
If the dog is given a dye, the collar switches to the dyed color. For example, using bone meal will change the dog's collar to white.
- If a dog gets trapped somewhere and you walk off screen, it will teleport back to you in a few seconds.
- Cookies can be used to greatly heal hurt dogs.
- Dogs can whimper when very low on health. It would be the same sound given off by a wolf getting hurt.
- Most mobs can occasionally become stuck in walls and climb them by jumping.
- 1.28: Dogs used to chase the player when off-screen. Now they just wait until they are far enough away from the player and teleport to them.