This equipment is needed in order to brew:
- Brewing stand - To brew the potions.
- Blaze powder - Powers the brewing stand.
- Empty bottle - Essentially an empty potion; can be filled with water to create the bottle of water, which is the starting point for every potion.
- Water - Can be in a cauldron, or just a regular water source.
- Glistering melon
- Spider eye
- Ghast tear
- Blaze powder
- Magma cream
- Rabbit's foot
- Golden carrot
For the more about individual potions and their effects, please see: Potions.
These recipes only require a bottle of water as a base.
|Nether wart||Bottle of water||Awkward potion|
|Fermented spider eye||Bottle of water||Weakness potion|
|Glowstone dust||Bottle of water||Thick potion|
|Any other brewing ingredient||Bottle of water||Mundane potion|
These require a primary potion as a base.
|Glistering melon||Awkward potion||Healing potion|
|Sugar||Awkward potion||Swiftness potion|
|Spider eye||Awkward potion||Posion potion|
|Ghast tear||Awkward potion||Regeneration potion|
|Blaze powder||Awkward potion||Strength potion|
|Magma cream||Awkward potion||Fire resistance potion|
|Pufferfish||Awkward potion||Water breathing potion|
|Rabbit's foot||Awkward potion||Leaping potion|
|Golden carrot||Awkward potion||Night vision potion|
The fermented spider eye can be added to potions, usually to create potions with reversed effects, however sometimes to make potions different in some other way.
|Fermented spider eye||Swiftness potion||Slowness potion|
|Fermented spider eye||Leaping potion||Slowness potion|
|Fermented spider eye||Healing potion||Harming potion|
|Fermented spider eye||Poison potion||Harming potion|
|Fermented spider eye||Night vision potion||Invisibility potion|
These can be added to any potion with effects to extend its length or increase its potency.
|Redstone dust||Any potion with an effect||Increases the time of the potion's effect|
|Glowstone dust||Any potion with an effect||Increases the strength of the potion's effect|
|44||Brew a potion||Brew a potion by adding an ingredient to a bottle of water.|
|1.28||Oct 8, 2016||
- 1.28 (to be fixed in 1.29[Source]): If the player adds redstone dust to a weakness or regeneration potion, the potion will have the empty bottle texture and be renamed to potion. The redstone dust will not have been used, still being in the brewing slot and not having affected the potion. The potion does not give the player any effects if drunk.
The interface of the brewing stand.