Bedrock is the only material in the game that cannot be mined. It forms the boundaries, bottom, and sides of the map. It can be placed and removed in Creative mode, but it can't be removed by mining in Survival mode. This material is a "protection" for evict falling into "the void".
Bedrock has a 1 in 30 chance to be dropped by a Nethereye.
- Bedrock can only be obtained via the creative inventory. (/give doesn't work)
- It cannot be destroyed by mining in survival, or by explosions.
- The only way to break it is with creative mode.
- When using the command
/give bedrock, you don't get the block.
- Below bedrock is a thin layer of stone.
- 1.27 Blazes no longer drop bedrock
- 1.25 Bedrock naturally generates in the end
- 1.23 Blazes drop bedrock
- ? Nethereyes can drop bedrock
- Bedrock naturally generates in the nether